HEPCAT Postdoc Fellowship in South Africa 2024
The High Energy Physics, Cosmology & Astronomy Theory (HEPCAT) cluster within the Department of Arithmetic and Math at the University of Cape Town (UCT) is providing a postdoctoral fellowship beginning in 2024.
The position is funded by the VC2030 Future Leaders Award to Professor Amanda Weltman; awarded by the Vice-Chancellor of the University of Cape Town. the main target of the grant is on theoretical aspects of gravity analysis, specifically victimization attraction waves to constrain theories of gravity. they’ll take into account candidates with a variety of interests associated with gravity and high energy theory.
- The worth of the award for the fellowship is R230 000
- The fellowship is tax-exempt.
Learn More: University of Ghent PhD Research in Economics Belgium 2023
- Travel funding is offered.
Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- Applicants should have a log of accomplishment and independence in their analysis.
- Preference is going to be given to candidates whose analysis activities overlap with members of the HEPCAT group: Shahid Haque, Julien Larena, Jeff Murugan, dessert apple Shock, and Amanda Weltman.
- Applicants ought to add one in all the subsequent fields: High Energy Theory, Cosmology, and Theoretical Astronomy.
- There are extra opportunities to perform joint work inside different cluster analysis areas, as well as amplitudes in astronomy, machine learning, and theoretical cosmology a lot of generally.
Application Deadline: February 16, 2024.
- Interested candidates ought to send a CV, a probe proposal (2-3 pages), and organize for 3 letters of advice to be sent to [email protected]
Learn Also: Best Colleges and Universities in South Africa
- Please use the subsequent format within the subject line: YOUR NAME, VC2030 postdoc 2020.
- Applications are going to be thought about from that date till the position is stuffed. The position is accessible like a shot.
- Any queries will be sent to genus Melissa at [email protected]
- Eligible and complete applications are going to be thought about by members of the HEPCAT cluster.