University of Montreal Requirements | Fees, Scholarships, Programs, Ranking
This University is a public french research University, it is located in Montreal Quebec, this University has more than thirteen faculties, 60 department and two affiliated schools which are Polytechnique Montréal (School of Engineering; formerly the École Polytechnique de Montréal) and HEC Montréal (School of Business). It offers more than 650 different Undergraduate programs and graduate degree. It has about 71 different doctorate degree program.
This Institution started in 1878 as a satellite campus of the university of Laval, but became an independent university in 1919 and 1920. Undergraduate Students’ Make up to 74% of her students population. Her Undergraduate Students’ population is around 34,355. While graduate student make up 24% of her students population, which is 11,900 students’. This University holds about 9,500 international students.
University of Montreal Ranking
- Ranking of universities varies from one agency to the other, as every organization involved has a criteria for ranking them. Thou most times a slight difference exists.
- University of Montreal is ranked among the 139 global universities, this ranking was done based on the schools performance across a widely accepted indicators of excellence.
- The 2020 times higher education ranking places this University 85th in the world and fifth in Canada
- The QS world university ranking places this University as the 137th in the world and Fifth in Canada
- The US News & World Report places this University 5th in Canada and 139th in the world
- The university of Montreal is also highly ranked, her employment status especially that of her graduates, how the international community employee them. In terms of her employability rate, the university is ranked 151-160 in the world and 9th in Canada.
- The Times higher education ranks the university of Montreal as the 37th in the world and 3rd in Canada.
- Despite all her building and structure’s, the school has a very lively students’ life, with vibrant students’
- Life and cities.
University of Montreal Acceptance Rate
The University of Montreal being a very competitive University, has an acceptance rate of around 45-50%, which indicates how highly competitive the university is and selective her admission procedure. Which is why her prospective students have to study hard, in order to get admitted.
University of Montreal Tuition Fee
The University of Montreal, tuition is decided by the students citizenship, and it is one of the few universities in Canada practicing this method. For instance they is a tuition fee for Canadian students’ residing in Quebec, A Canadian residing outside of Quebec and international students.
Average tuition Fee: $6,053
Newfoundland and Labrador
Average tuition Fee: $2,473
Prince Edward Island
Average tuition Fee: $4,888
Average tuition Fee: $7,926
Average tuition Fee: $5,583
Average tuition Fee: $2,792
Average tuition Fee: $8,456
Average tuition Fee: $4,363
Average tuition Fee: $7,527
Foreign students and those not residing in Canada their tuition has supplementary fee attached to it.
University of Montreal faculties/schools
They’re several course’s to chose from and irrespective of any program you want to achieve in this life, the university of Montreal has you covered.
- Faculty of Arts and Science
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Education.
- Faculty of Environmental Design
- Department of Kinesiology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Music
- School of Optometry
- Faculty of Nursing
- School of Public Health
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
- Faculty of Continuing Education
- Polytechnique Montréal
- HEC Montréal
University of Montreal Scholarship
In order to help her students achieve their dreams, the university of Montreal offers them Scholarship to help them especially those who can’t be able to cater their tuition fee. Undergraduate Students’ with excellent Academic results and graduate degree students’ are free to apply.
You would be surprised to see many Scholarship opportunities available to students, they’re about 5000 sources of funding available to her international students and domestic students’, this are provided by businesses, foundations and a range of public and private organizations. Her Scholarship office offers workshops, informational and individual consultation to her students.
Students’ may be lucky to her a scholarship director as research Ally, they’re department and faculty Scholarship options. International Students can access Scholarship opportunities through https://admission.umontreal.ca/en/scholarship-for-international-students/
And her graduate and postdoctoral programs generate 8 million dollars, for school and Financial aids, http://fesp.umontreal.ca/ce-quil-faut-savoir/financement/
University of Montreal Admission Requirement
- Graduate students’ are expected to have a good command of the French language, this comes as a result of the university insisting on communicating her graduates with French and applicant’s.
- The documents required for admission are
- Application forms duly submitted
- Undergraduate Students’ are expected to submit their Undergraduate test scores, high school diploma certificate, etc
- Graduate students’ are to submit their Undergraduate degree certificate and transcripts and must have a CGPA of 3.0
- Supporting documents are
- Letter of recommendation from home Institution head of department, family information, students’ permit and Quebec acceptance, certificate of birth,
University of Montreal Application Fee
Application fee is compulsory, so you must pay it before your application can be considered
The various cost of Application is as follows
- Application for admission to undergraduate and graduate programs
Cost: 102,50 $
- Application for admission to a module or a microprogram
Cost: 22,60 $
- Application for admission as a visiting research scholar
Cost: 11,00 $
- Application for admission as a postdoctoral fellow
Cost: 11,00 $
- Application for admission due to a change in program
Cost: 28,40 $
- Application for admission to independent studies
Cost: 22,60 $
- Application to modify a choice of program
Cost: 34,00 $